Meet Mrs. Summers
About the Programs
Administrative Office Assistant is a one year program that begins with students earning their Office Receptionist certificate and then proceeding to Administrative Office Assistant or Records Management curriculum. Students serve an internship at a local business second semester. For more information, click on the "Administrative Office Assistant Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
Bookkeeping / Accounting is a one year program in which students, after completing their Office Core Competency courses, launch into the world of bookkeeping. Second semester internships are also available . For more information, click on the "Bookkeeping / Accounting Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
About the Instructor
- Instructor at ROC since 2000; KHSD staff since 1993.
- California teaching credential in CTE Finance and Business.
- 6 years’ clerical support experience for the Kern High School District. Served as Computer Instruction Technician creating databases for student records.
- Property management, 1992 – Present.
- Founder and original owner/operator of Golden State Tax Service. Business still owned/operated by family member.
- Multiple certificates for Microsoft Office training and related computer applications workshops.
- BTSA Support provider for new Kern High CTE teachers, 2011 – Present.
- Member, Bakersfield Adult School Business Programs Advisory Board.