Meet Ms. Ovalles
About the Program
Culinary Arts is a one-year program that provides students the training in all facets of the food service and hospitality industries. Students will rotate between quantity cooking, commercial baking, and house management. For more information, click on the "Culinary Arts Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
- KHSD staff since 2016; Instructor at ROC since 2019.
- California teaching credential in CTE Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation.
- ServeSafe Certified.
- SCA Specialty Coffee Association certified barista
- Studied and earned a certificate under French cake master Javier Azocar from Luma's Cakes.
- Head Baker, KHSD Bakersfield Adult School culinary program, 2016 - 2019.
- A life-long baker...
- Completed a Baking career technical education program while in junior high school.
- Aunt was a bakery owner and baking instructor.
- Mom is an experienced cake decorator.
- Cake Designer and Owner, Alejandra's Cakes, 2010 - Present.
- Cake Designer and Baker Assistant, various chefs, 1997 - 2019.
- Enjoys traveling.
- Married with three children.