About the Program
CISCO Networking Academy is a one year program that prepares students with entry-level IT skills focusing on computer maintenance, diagnostics, and repair. For more information, click on the "CISCO Networking Academy Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
About the Instructor
- Instructor at ROC since 2001.
- California teaching credential in CTE Information Technology.
- BS, Information Systems, Brigham Young University – Hawaii.
- Kern County Teacher of the Year, Jim Burke Education Foundation, 2012.
- NCWIT* Central California Teacher of the Year, 2014.
- CISCO Certified Instructor, CompTIA A+ Certification, and Calif. Business Educator Assoc. member.
- CTE Mentor Teacher for Kern High School District.
- Assistant Girls Swim Coach, Liberty High School.
- Previously worked at PBVSD as a Network Technician and B&B Surplus as a Systems Administrator.
- Married, father of four, active in his church, and participates in endurance athletics (triathlon, marathon).
* National Center for Women & Information Technology
On October 3rd, the Cisco Networking Academy hosted a pizza sale to support their club. Pizzas were sold during every break and many students purchased their own slice of joy. Along with their purchase of slice, a cup of fruitful punch was accompanied with it. The funds collected were later used to support another event.
On Oct 13th, the Cisco Networking Academy supported the (Comprehensive Blood & Cancer Center) CBCC Dignity Health 5k run/walk. Everyone volunteered and assisted the event. Several were in charge of managing stands, such as the T-Shirt stand. At the event, we gave hope to fellow survivors such as our very own Liz Menchaca.
“I was diagnosed at age 37 with breast cancer, and I went through the process of a cancer patient. I was blessed to have an excellent support group, ‘Links for Life’, I call them my ‘Pink Chikas Sisterhood’. Even after the challenges, I ended up at Regional Occupation Center to expand my skill set and get another chance to improve myself. Don’t ever give up, life is too short to waste.” -Liz Menchaca