Meet Mrs. Patteson-Johnston
About the Program
Pharmacy Technician a one-year program that teaches students the basics of pharmacology, body systems, and related topics. Some students may have the opportunity to serve an internship at a local pharmacy during second semester. For more information, click on the "Pharmacy Tech Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
About the Instructor
- Instructor at ROC since 2016.
- California teaching credential (preliminary) in CTE Health Science and Medical Technology.
- AA, Psychology, Cuesta College.
- Attended Sacramento State University.
- 7 years’ experience as Pharmacy Technician, Rite Aid Pharmacy.
- Rite Aid Lead Technician for Sacramento district / assistant to pharmacy district manager.
- Also served as Rite Aid Lead Technician for San Luis Obispo County.
- Responsible for training new Rite Aid pharmacy technicians; taught weekly class.
- Volunteered with various elementary schools, helping students with reading and writing skills, math skills, and after-school programs.
- Loves the outdoors! Big adventurer in the forest with camping, exploring, hiking, and discovering new trails for four-wheeling. Favorite place is the beach where Mrs. PJ loves paddle-boarding with her dogs, collecting seashells for projects, and meditating.
- Recently married with four fur babies ... Husky (Lady Rhey), SHGP (Pepper the Puppy), Tabby (Mister), and Siamese (Ghandalf the Grey). New human baby on the way, baby PJ.