Meet Ms. Martinez
About the Programs
Fashion Merchandising is a one year program (AM Session only) that takes an in-depth look at the design, manufacturing, advertising, marketing, and sale of fashion apparel and accessories. For more information, click on the "Fashion Merchandising Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
Retail Sales is a one semester (PM Session only) program that provides students lessons in business communication, teamwork, sales presentations, and business professionalism, as well as the opportunity to implement these skills during an internship at a local retail store. For more information, click on the "Retail Sales Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
- Instructor at ROC since 1997. KHSD staff since 1989.
- California teaching credential in CTE Fashion and Interior Design and CTE Marketing, Sales, & Service.
- Graduate coursework in business, fashion, and public administration.
- Worked in Retail and Fashion in Bakersfield, Los Angeles, and abroad.
- Specialized training in the States and abroad in the areas of retail, marketing, fashion, design, trend forecasting, psychology, communications, luxury branding, art, culture, sewing, and language.
- ROC Teacher of the Year, 2005 and 2014.