Meet Mr. Hong
About the Program
Sports Medicine is a one year program that is dual enrolled with CSU Bakersfield. The course offers instruction and career awareness in the field of sports medicine and includes a second semester internship opportunity. For more information, click on the "Sports Medicine Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
- Instructor at ROC since 2016.
- California teaching credential in CTE Health Science and Medical Technology.
- BA, Athletic Training, Point Loma Nazarene University.
- MS, Exercise Science and Health Promotion with concentration in Rehabilitation Science, California University of Pennsylvania.
- 4 years’ experience in athletic training / strength and conditioning for multiple professional sports teams.
- Adjunct professor, CSUB Kinesiology department, 2017 - Present
- Professional certifications:
- Board of Certification, National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA).
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Corrective Exercise Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
- CPR / AED certified.
- Attends Bridge Bible Church with his family.