ROC’s Commitment to Our Students’ Future
The ROC College & Career Center supports students’ technical training with a full-array of workshops, activities, and individual interactions designed to prepare the student for future career and education opportunities.
Career preparation services include:
Resume development and proofreading for every student.
Job application workshops and individual assistance.
Daily access to community job listings, as well as one-on-one career planning assistance.
Workshops and individual guidance focused on
(1) Personal and Professional Development,
(2) Job Search Skills, and
(3) On-the-Job Survival.
Use of desktop computers and a Chromebook cart for job search, career research, and classroom projects.
college preparation services include:
Workshops throughout the year discussing post-secondary educational opportunities, application processes, and deadlines.
Group and individual assistance with college applications, college placement exams, and financial aid/scholarships applications.
Additional workshops for Bakersfield College-bound students.
Meet your College and Career Center Team:
Natasha Hughes email
- Recruitment and Career Technician at ROC since 2017; KHSD staff since 2001.Presently serving all current ROC students and potential students attending North, East, Foothill, Highland, Liberty, Shafter, Frontier, Golden Valley, Vista West, and Central Valley.
- Youth Development Specialist, Clerical Specialist, Job Coach, Job Developer, and Project Specialist at Career Resource Department (14 years). Duties included student recruitment and intake, work site development, workshop development and presentations, and project management of Warehouse Worker, Auto Tech, Welding, Retail Sales, and Construction programs.
- Instructional Assistant at Foothill High (2 years).
- Attended ROC while in high school, earning Nursing Assistant certificate and ultimately working in the field for 3 1/2 years.
- Married with four children, one of whom also took ROC classes while in high school.
David Little email
- Recruitment and Career Technician at ROC since 2017.
- Presently serving all current ROC students and potential students attending BHS, Independence, Centennial, West, South, Arvin, TDS, Nueva, Vista P, Mira Monte, Stockdale, and Ridgeview.
- Attended CSU Bakersfield, Liberal Arts major.
- Marketing Consultant, KGET-TV.
- Marketing Consultant, KTVO-TV in Kirksville, MO.
- Sales and Traffic Assistant, KBAK-TV/BKFX-TV Channel 29.
- Campus Playground Supervisor, Bakersfield City School District.
- Program Leader and then Site Manager, Silver Creek Day Camp, City of Bakersfield.
- Private First Class, United States Army Reserves as a Cargo Specialist (88H).
- Graduated, South High School, 2010. Active in Track & Field, Cross Country, BSU, and JROTC.
- Married with three boys.