Auto Body / Fender
Auto Body and Fender Repair technicians have the knowledge and skills necessary to fix vehicle bodies and parts that are damaged in collisions and other mishaps.
ROC’s Auto Body and Fender Repair program is a two-semester course that provides instruction in the specialized skills students need to be successful technicians. Students who successfully complete the first semester are eligible for a second-semester internship at a local auto body shop pending instructor approval.
Auto Body and Fender Repair students learn:
- Shop safety, proper use of tools, and steps for vehicle preparation
- Removal, replacement, and repair techniques for all areas of the vehicle
- Skills for estimating the cost of vehicle repair work
- Vehicle refinishing skills
High School credit available
Students earn 15 units of elective credit each semester toward their high school graduation.
College prep course. A-G approved. Meets area “G” approval for UC and CSU admissions.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION OPPORTUNITIES
ROC certifications offered to students completing the Auto Body program include:
- Auto Body Certificate of Completion
- I-Car Certification (opportunity to sit for the exam)
Career Pathways and Related Occupations
This is a career awareness class that instructs students in the basics necessary for entry-level employment. Successful Auto Body and Fender Repair students oftentimes pursue careers in the following:
- Automotive Maintenance and Repair Technician
- Auto Parts Dealer
- Vehicle Painter
- Automotive and Vehicle Manufacturing Technician
- New Car Dealership Shop Technician
- Custom Refinishing Business