About the Programs
Our Aviation course is designed to begin students on the pathway to ground school and flight simulator training. Ten static Redbird simulators, one FMX full-motion fixed-wing simulator and a new full-motion Redbird VTO helicopter simulator await students in the classroom. For more information, click on the "Aviation Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
NOTE: This class is only offered in the AM session and is held at North High. Students must provide their own transportation.
About the Instructor
- Instructor at ROC/North High since 2022.
- California teaching credential in CTE Public Service and Transportation (preliminary).
- 25 years of industry experience with over 7,000 hours of flight time around the world.
- Distinguished Honor Graduate Army Aviation Warrant Officer Basic Course, Class 06-17.
- Standardization Instructor Pilot in UH-1H/V and CH-47D/F Senior Instructor Pilot.
- Certificates: Certified Flight Instructor - Instrument Rotorcraft, Commercial Airplane - Multi-Engine Land, Commercial Airplane - Single-Engine Land and Sea, Instrument Airplane and Helicopter, Remote Pilot.
- Qualifications: Air Mission Commander, High Altitude Mountain Environmental Training Strategy, Degraded Visual Environment, Water Bucket, Rescue Hoist, Muskeg/Tundra, Paradrops, Deck Landing, Overwater Survival.
- Endorsements: High-Performance, Complex, Tailwheel, Pressurized Cabin, NVG Instructor.
- Awards: Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal, Army Commendation Medals, Army Achievement Medals, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbons, NATO Medal, Senior Aviator Badge.
- Education: CH-47D/F Qualification Course and Instructor Pilot Course, UH-1H/V Qualification Course and Instructor Pilot Course, UH-72A Qualification Course, MD 500 Maintenance Test Pilot Course, Aviation Warrant Officer Basic and Advanced Course, Army MEDEVAC Doctrine, SERE. Graduate, Kern Valley High School.