Meet Ms. Brown
About the Program
Early Childhood Education is a one year course focusing on child development concepts, early childhood education, and career readiness. For more information, click on the "Early Childhood Education Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
About the Instructor
- Instructor at ROC since 2017.
- California teacher credential in Education, Child Development, and Family Services.
- AA, Child Development, Taft College
- BA, Human Growth and Development, Pacific Oaks College
- MA, Human Growth and Development (with specialization in Early Childhood Education), Pacific Oaks College.
- 30 years of experience in the field of early childhood education.
- Instructor at Bakersfield College and Taft College. 2004 - Present.
- Advisory Board Member for Child Development at Bakersfield College and Taft College, 2000 - Present.
- Certified Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale Assessor.
- Certified Classroom Assessment Scoring System Assessor.
- Early Childhood Education Consultant, 2007 - Present.
- Member, National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Professional Growth Advisor, California Child Development Permit.
- Director Mentor, California Early Childhood Mentor Program.
- Member, Early Childhood Mentor Selection Committee for Kern County, 1998 - Present.
- Mother of two children and grandmother to two wonderful grandsons.
- Hobbies include traveling, fly fishing, hiking, and nature photography.