About the Program
Nursing Assistant is a one year program that provides instruction in general patient care for working in hospitals, doctors’ offices and other health care facilities. For more information, click on the "Nursing Assistant Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
About the Instructor
- Instructor at ROC since 1996.
- California teaching credential in CTE Health Science and Medical Technology.
- Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bakersfield College.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), CSU Dominguez Hills.
- Certificates in Public Health Nursing and Director of Staff Development.
- Registered Nurse since 1988.
- Private sector experience includes acute care, home health and hospice, and field supervision.
- Additional home health experience includes discharge planning, intake coordinator, staff in-service / orientation coordinator, and Medicare billing and ICD9 coding.
- Completes regular and on-going training and continuing education courses as required by State of California’s Board of Registered Nursing.
- ROC Teacher of the Year, 2011.