About the Program
Video Production is a one-year program which instructs students in all aspects of visual media productions including film, news, corporate event production, commercials, public service announcements (PSAs) and documentaries while using state-of-the-art equipment. For more information, click on the "Video Production Program Page" link in the blue box to the right.
About the Instructor
- Instructor at ROC since 2017; KHSD instructor since 1998.
- California single subject teaching credentials in Industrial Arts and Technology.
- AA, Communications, Pasadena City College.
- BA, Communications, CSU Bakersfield.
- MA, Educational Administration, CSU Bakersfield.
- Mentor Teacher for new CTE Video Production Teacher.
- Television industry experience spans 28 years, including 27 years with KBAK-TV 29 helping produce the Hometown Sports Show.
- Owner/operator, Real 2 Reel Productions, 2003 - Present.
- Specialize in weddings, quinceaneras, commercials, and sports highlight videos.
- Member, Kern County Bridal Association.
- An accomplished drone quad copter flier specializing in aerial video and still photos.
- Taught Video Production at Arvin High School for 19 years.
- Teamed with fellow KHSD Video Production teachers to create the 24-Hour Film Project.
- Winner of 5 KHSD PEAAK (Promoting Excellence in Athletics and Activities) Awards.
- Hobbies and activities include athletics and boating.
- Competed in track and field at the college level. On CSU Bakersfield’s All-Time Best list in multiple events.
- Competed at the Master’s Track and Field Level and have earned many national championship titles in hurdles, high jump, long jump, triple jump, and various relays.
- Have over 25 years of track and field coaching experience. Coached 19 years at Arvin High.
- An avid boater. Boating is life!
- Served as a Boat Support Leader for the Bakersfield Triathlon.
- Married and very proud father of two very talented young men.